Friday, January 14, 2011

Working on it

The creative juices have been flowing lately and I'm so glad. It seemed like they were kind of dry for awhile. There is a peace and joy that comes from doing God's will that spills over into the rest of life. I mentioned that the last year was rough, and it was. But, I don't want you to think that it was all THAT bad. Really, it wasn't compared to what so many other people have gone through. But God used last year to "winnow" me and refine me, and that hurts sometimes. In a good way. And by no means is that process over. Homegirl is SO far from perfect is isn't funny. But God sees fit to call and use me anyway, and for that I'm so thankful.
Around Thanksgiving this past year, God planted the idea in my heart for this. It's coming to fruition, and I can't wait to see what He does. You can get on board too! It's gonna be fun!
The creative juices are flowing around the house too, and I've got multiple projects in the works. Can't wait to show you what's going on. I've had a couple of people ask me how I do certain things- like choose paint colors, figure out what to keep and what to throw away and how to orgainze. So much of that is intuitive to me, I don't really know my process. So, I'm going to try and work on that- and crystalizing some other fuzzy thoughts I've had. So- to sum up, I've got some ideas for the blog this year and what I want it to be. I'm planning on trying to improve my writing skills and communicating some things in a more useful way for you.
On another note: we had ice and snow this WEEK. Yes, it fell Sunday night and is still hanging around on Friday. I've never seen it stick around this long. Needless to say- its been yucky.
Mom and I braved the ice to go to Atlanta yesterday for her late birthday gift- seeing "Beauty and the Beast" at the Fox. We had a great time. Thanks for being such a great mom, Mom. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment