Monday, December 21, 2009

Lately loving...

It's the Monday before Christmas. Despite all my best efforts, I still feel like I have a million and a half things to do. It doesn't help that I slept till 10:30 today either. Oh well. It's not like I have to go to bed early tonight.
My husband has made himself "scarce"...he doesn't like to hang around when I'm in "work mode". My primarily task oriented personality takes over and I can get very ummm...businesslike...when there is a lot to accomplish. I actually LIKE doing most of the tasks, baking, wrapping gifts...it's the extra laundry and getting the car serviced and things like that thrown in there that turn my mood a little sour. I'm trying to work on it. Which is why I'm here! I decided that doing a few extra fun, unnecessary things that I enjoy today and don't take up a ton of time will help my mood. So, here are a few things I'm really liking right now.

*This blog. Unclutterer. I really dislike clutter. I'm beginning to dislike it more and more. Buying a home and having a house and yard to maintain has taught me that you actually have to MAINTAIN those things. Who knew, right??? And while I enjoy those things, I've realized it can become a slippery slope from owning these things to things owning you. The blog really makes you think about what you value in life and working to make the "excess" as minimal and streamlined as possible. As a Christian, obviously you have to put on God's lenses here and focus on what He would have you value in life too. I'm pretty sure it isn't "stuff". Plus, in this economy, clutter is a huge waste not only of time but resources as well. Aaron says we don't have clutter. Suffice to say we have very different views on what clutter is. :)

*My sister-in-law sent me this. Awesomeness, with no clutter, and FREE. If you still have presents to wrap...check it out!

Now...off to check a few things off the to-do list. Have a great, productive, day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment