What a beautiful day! The weather has the first sweet whispers of fall in it. Cool mornings, breezes, crisp air...I love it all. Of course, it won't REALLY be fall here for about another month and a half. I'm sure that the thermometer will hit close to 100 degrees for a few more days again. But days like today, they get my creative, cooking, and shopping juices flowing. Changing of season always does. A few things Fall always makes me want to do:
1. Bake apple pie. My Granny makes the best apple pie. Always made with ONLY granny smith apples. I've tried mixing up her recipe with different crusts and things before but I always go back to the "original". She is MY Granny Smith after all...
2. Go camping. I suppose this one speaks for itself. Anyone want to go with Aaron and me???
Aaron is great at building campfires...and I cook on them. Is that incentive enough?
3. Said camping trip is not complete without a lovely bonfire and s'mores. In fact, in the absence of the ability to go camping, I will take a fire in the backyard with smores.
4. Drink Starbucks Chi-Latte, eat a pumpkin scone and read a great novel...like maybe Wuthering Heights or Jane Eyre. For some reason the fall makes me want to read the more "gothic" classics. Starbucks, please open a store in Griffin...
5. Change out my decorations. Just a few key pieces, like throw pillows, in fall colors. Or maybe some throw blankets to keep out. I like these. Greens and Orangy-yellows are going to be on order for some new throw pillows in the living room.
6. Carve pumpkins. I think something like this is going to be in order for my front porch this fall...along with some lovely mums...
7. Go to the State Fair, and eat cotton candy, funnel cakes, and caramel apples. Ferris Wheel, here we come!
8. Of course, I need wardrobe options for all of the above activities. I'm loving everything here, and well, you already saw the post on the boots. Is it just me or would they be perfect for the fair, pumpkin carving, bonfires, everything basically except camping. Since that post, I think those boots have haunted me. I keep coming up with outfits I already have that they would make SO much cuter...*sigh*.
9. Christmas is now officially "around the corner". The "gift list" starts...and I start buying. My goal is to always be done with Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. Rarely do I make it, but I usually get pretty close.
10. I'm ready for soups/stews and chili with cornbread. First chilly day...here we come!
I realize I'm way ahead of myself...but on a serious note, Fall makes me so thankful for God, and his infinite wisdom to change the seasons for us. "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven..." Ecc. 3: 1. "He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. " Ecc 3: 11
I can't wait to see what God does this fall!