Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Lost Christmas.

I showed you my DIY advent calendar earlier.  I'm not going to pretend that I've used it every night.  Twelve hour work days aren't conducive to evening activities.  But, I have enjoyed what we have done so I'm focusing on that.

The real joy of advent is in the expectation.  The anticipation of Christmas Day.  For children it's the opening of the gifts.  For adults it's often the expectation of time with family and friends. This season, I've been reminded that for so many people- the joy of that anticipation was robbed from them.  It's especially difficult during a season when everyone else is still riding the wave of joy.  For those of you who haven't had to walk out of step with (what feels like) the rest of the world before- it somehow isolates you and exposes you at the same time.

I pray we are all a little more thankful for what we have this season.  And I really loved this article entitled "When Advent Fails."

I also pray that you all find the joy that comes from an expectation that cannot be robbed- the true meaning of advent- the presence of God with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment